There are established procedures for dealing with complaints and disputes regarding your policy or claim. All policyholders can take advantage of the complaints service.
Any enquiry or complaint relating to a Go Insurance policy or claim should be addressed to us in the first instance – in most cases this will resolve your concerns.
This can be done by writing to us at:
PO Box 5964
Brendale Q 4500
or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling: 1300 819 888
We will respond to your complaint within 15 business days provided we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. Where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will agree to reasonable alternative timeframes with you. You will also be kept informed of the progress of your complaint.
In the unlikely event that this does not resolve the matter or you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with, you should contact:
Lloyd’s Australia Limited
Suite 2, Level 21 Angel Place
123 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9223 1433
Facsimile: (02) 9223 1466
When you lodge your dispute with Lloyd’s they will usually require the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the policyholder
- The type of insurance policy involved
- Details of the policy concerned (policy and/or claim reference numbers, etc)
- Details of the reasons for lodging the dispute
- Copies of any supporting documentation you consider may assist in addressing your dispute appropriately.
Following receipt of your dispute, you will be advised whether your dispute will be handled by either Lloyd’s Australia or the Policyholder & Market Assistance Department at Lloyd’s in London:
- Where you are a retail client and your dispute is eligible for referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), your dispute will be reviewed by a person at Lloyd’s Australia with appropriate authority to deal with your dispute.
- Where you are a retail client and your dispute is not eligible for referral to the FOS, or where you are a wholesale client, Lloyd’s Australia will refer your dispute to the Policyholder & Market Assistance Department at Lloyd’s, who will then liaise directly with you.
How long will the Step 2 process take?
Your dispute will be acknowledged in writing within 5 business days of receipt, and you will be kept informed of the progress of the dispute at least every 10 business days.
The length of time required to resolve a particular dispute will depend on the individual issues raised. However in most cases you will receive a full written response to your dispute within 15 business days of receipt, provided all necessary information has been received and any investigation required has been completed.
If your dispute is not resolved in a manner satisfactory to you, retail clients are then eligible for referral to the FOS.
FOS is an independent body that operates nationally in Australia and aims to resolve disputes between you and your insurer. Your dispute must be referred to the FOS within 2 years of the date of our final decision.
Retail clients not eligible for referral to the FOS, and wholesale clients, may be eligible for referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (UK). Such referral must occur within 6 months of the final decision by the Policyholder & Market Assistance Department at Lloyd’s. Further details will be provided by the Policyholder & Market Assistance Department with their final decision to you.
How much will this procedure cost you?
This service is free of charge to policyholders.