Our policy contains exclusions relating to Pre-existing Medical Conditions. However if you have a pre-existing condition that you wish to cover and it is not on our allowed list, we can process a medical screening to see if we can provide cover and at what price and terms. Call us on 1300 819 888 or talk to us via online chat today.
A Pre-existing Medical Condition is any physical and/or mental defect, illness, disease, condition or injury:
(a) that is currently being or has been investigated or treated by a Medical Practitioner or other health professional (including dentist/s and/or allied health practitioners):
i) Within the 90 days prior to policy issue in the case of a Single Trip policy;
ii) Within the 90 days prior to policy issue or 30 days prior to booking a Trip in the case of an Annual Multi Trip policy;
iii) During the original Period of Insurance if the policy is an extension or replacement of the original policy.
(b) of which you are aware or the symptoms of which You are aware;
(c) for which you take prescribed medication, have had surgery or consult a Medical Practitioner;
(d) of an ongoing or recurring nature or complication attributable to the condition.
Whilst this policy excludes claims arising from Pre-existing Medical Conditions, there are some conditions for which we provide automatic cover. Provided that you have not been hospitalised (including attendance at Accident & Emergency or day surgery) in the past 24 months or sought medical attention in the 90 days prior to issue of your policy (or 30 days prior to travel in the event of an Annual Multi Trip policy), we will cover you for the following Pre-existing Medical Conditions.
- Asthma provided You are under 60 years of age, have no other known or underlying respiratory conditions (including Chronic Bronchitis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Emphysema or Pulmonary Fibrosis and/or sleep apnoea), haven’t required cortisone medication except taken by inhaler or puffer, haven’t required hospital treatment for asthma in the last two years and have been a non-smoker for at least 18 months.
- Blindness and Low Vision
- Corneal graft
- Coeliac disease
- Ear grommets
- Food allergy
- Gastric reflux
- Hiatus hernia
- High Cholesterol/Hypercholesterolaemia provided it is managed in regular consultation with Your Medical Practitioner and is below 6.0 millimoles per litre and You do not also suffer from high blood pressure, other known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes. If you have high cholesterol and also high blood pressure, diabetes and/or any form of cardiovascular disease, You will need to complete medical screening if You want to include cover for these conditions.
- High blood pressure/Hypertension provided it is managed in regular consultation with Your Medical Practitioner and You do not also suffer from high cholesterol, You do not take more than 2 medications and there has been no change in medication or dosage in the last 6 months and You have been a non-smoker for at least 18 months. If You have high blood pressure and also high cholesterol, diabetes and/or any form of cardiovascular disease, You will need to complete medical screening if You want to include cover for these conditions.
- Hip replacement (if the procedure was performed over 12 months ago but less than 10 years ago)
- Knee replacement (if the procedure was performed over 12 months ago but less than 10 years ago)
- Macular degeneration
- Menopause provided You do not suffer from Osteoporosis
- Overactive/underactive thyroid provided the condition is not caused by a tumour
- Peptic Ulcer
- Pregnancy (subject to General Exclusion 33)
- Skin cancer (but not Melanoma)
- Urticaria (Hives)
If you have a medical or dental condition that is not automatically covered by the policy and you do not wish to complete a medical assessment, you can still buy a policy. This is on the understanding that there is no cover for any loss you may sustain as a result of that Pre-existing Medical Condition or related condition.
Please note we are only able to offer automatic cover for certain Pre-existing Medical Conditions suffered by you (ie the person/s insured under the policy). There is no cover for any Pre-existing Medical Condition suffered by any person other than the person/s named on the Certificate of Insurance. At no time is there any cover for any condition where you are travelling against medical advice, to obtain medical treatment or where a terminal prognosis has been made.
Please see the PDS below for full terms and conditions.
Sports & Leisure
Participation on an amateur or recreational basis in most sports and leisure activities is automatically covered by Go Insurance. This includes participation in school, club or college fixtures and/or competitions. Unfortunately, there is no cover for any sport or leisure activity (or training for) in which you participate in a professional or paid capacity. If you intend to participate in activities which are not automatically covered, please contact us. We may be able to cover the proposed activity as standard or in some cases for an additional premium.
Go Insurance covers the following activities as standard:
Please refer to the PDS (below) for details of activities which are not covered in any capacity. The PDS also details limitations to certain activities which are covered as standard.
To be covered for certain activities (such as snow sports) you will need to select the relevant extension and pay an additional premium to be covered for these activities. The following optional covers are available to increase the scope of the policy to suit your desired sport or leisure activity:
Provides cover for your snow sport activities in the event of piste closure, avalanche, the loss of lessons and lift passes as well as hiring of ski equipment (additional premium applies) – Refer to the PDS below for full information on what is and is not covered under this option.
Provides cover for unused green fees, emergency hire and up to $2,000 for loss, theft or damage to your golfing equipment (additional premium applies) – Refer to the PDS below for full information on what is and is not covered under this option.
Provides cover for unused boat hire, fees, passes and lessons as well as emergency hire and up to $5,000 for loss, theft or damage to your water sports equipment (additional premium applies) – Refer to the PDS below for full information on what is and is not covered under this option.