Our policy contains exclusions relating to Pre-existing Medical Conditions. However if you have a pre-existing condition that you wish to cover and it is not on our allowed list, we can process a medical screening to see if we can provide cover and at what price and terms. Call us on 1300 819 888 or talk to us via online chat today.
A Pre-existing Medical Condition is any physical and/or mental defect, illness, disease, condition or injury:
(a) that is currently being or has been investigated or treated by a Medical Practitioner or other health professional (including dentist/s and/or allied health practitioners):
i) Within the 90 days prior to policy issue in the case of a Single Trip policy;
ii) Within the 90 days prior to policy issue or 30 days prior to booking a Trip in the case of an Annual Multi Trip policy;
iii) During the original Period of Insurance if the policy is an extension or replacement of the original policy.
(b) of which you are aware or the symptoms of which You are aware;
(c) for which you take prescribed medication, have had surgery or consult a Medical Practitioner;
(d) of an ongoing or recurring nature or complication attributable to the condition.
Whilst this policy excludes claims arising from Pre-existing Medical Conditions, there are some conditions for which we provide automatic cover. Provided that you have not been hospitalised (including attendance at Accident & Emergency or day surgery) in the past 24 months or sought medical attention in the 90 days prior to issue of your policy (or 30 days prior to travel in the event of an Annual Multi Trip policy), we will cover you for the following Pre-existing Medical Conditions.
- Asthma (provided you are under 60 years of age and it’s controlled by no more than 2 medications (no nebulisers or home oxygen), and You have been a non smoker for at least 18 months)
- Blindness and Low Vision
- Corneal graft
- Coeliac disease
- Ear grommets
- Food allergy
- Gastric reflux
- Hiatus hernia
- Cholesterol/Hypercholesterolaemia(provided its managed in regular consultation with Your Medical Practitioner, is below 6.0 and You do not also suffer from high blood pressure, other known cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes)
- High blood pressure (provided it is managed in regular consultation with Your Medical Practitioner, You do not also suffer from high cholesterol, no more than 2 medications are being taken, there has been no change in medication in the last 3 month and You have been a non smoker for at lest 18 months)
- Hip replacement (if the procedure was performed over 12 months ago but less than 10 years ago)
- Knee replacement (if the procedure was performed over 12 months ago but less than 10 years ago)
- Macular degeneration
- Menopause provided You do not suffer from Osteoporosis
- Overactive/underactive thyroid provided the condition is not caused by a tumour
- Peptic Ulcer
- Pregnancy (subject to General Exclusion 34)
- Skin cancer (but not Melanoma)
- Urticaria (Hives)
If you have a medical or dental condition that is not automatically covered by the policy and you do not wish to complete a medical assessment, you can still buy a policy. This is on the understanding that there is no cover for any loss you may sustain as a result of that Pre-existing Medical Condition or related condition.
Please note we are only able to offer automatic cover for certain Pre-existing Medical Conditions suffered by you (ie the person/s insured under the policy). There is no cover for any Pre-existing Medical Condition suffered by any person other than the person/s named on the Certificate of Insurance. At no time is there any cover for any condition where you are travelling against medical advice, to obtain medical treatment or where a terminal prognosis has been made.
Please see the PDS below for full terms and conditions.